One thing that is essential to life is friends. We need other people. It’s that simple. Everybody needs somebody. As much as we’d like to think we can get along in life without people, it’s a lie to ourselves. The thing about having multiple friends is to know where they stand in your life and what they can do for you. This is especially true for us girls. Every woman needs at least 5 close friends for every situation in life. These women are a necessity and will help your through your greatest and toughest times. Here’s the top 5 friends every woman needs to have
1) The Mom Friend- She’s the one who holds all your secrets. The one who you go to for all of your advice and emotional support. She coddles you and still makes you feel better after you come clean about doing that thing that she warned you not to do in the first place. She serves you up a plate of truth but gives you warm chamomile tea to wash it down with. She’s the nurturing kind and that’s why you keep her around.
2) The wild one- She gets you into all kinds of trouble. She’s the reason you’re sitting at your desk super hungover because you let her turn happy hour into an all-nighter. She’s the one you call when you want to let it all loose and have a uninhibited, unapologetic good time. She’s the one who gets you all the numbers at the bar and all the short skirts in your closet. She makes you feel young and free and you need that every now and then.
3) The encouraging one- This one is always the loudest voice you hear whenever you’ve made an achievement. She’s the reason you were able to make it through so many exams and 20 page papers in college. She also motivated you to leave that toxic relationship that you were in and helped you stay focused to get over it. She is your biggest cheerleader and she believes in you. She stays behind you 100% and supports all of your ideas and accomplishments. You have no idea how you would get through without her.
4) The networker- She is the somebody that knows everybody. She gets you into exclusive events and calls you first when she needs someone in your field. She gets you to work. She also keeps you business minded and on your grind. Her work ethic makes you work. She teaches you what to do in corporate situations and helps you get to your next level. She’s the plug.
5) The well rounded one- She’s your chameleon friend. She blends well in every setting. You can take her to a fierce party then turn around and bring her to your office holiday party as your plus one and she’ll be a hit in either setting. She adapts well and she’s great to be around. Her personality is a 40 on a scale of 1 to 10 and everyone loves her.
Scientifically, its stated that a person’s brain can only handle up to 5 best friends at one time. These friends are your balance. Everyone needs a confidante in this world, a friend to party with, someone to motivate them, a connect in the industry, and the person to take with you every step of the way. With these friends with you, you can achieve anything. Find your 5 and Squad up! Taylor Swift style!
*You’re Welcome for the Memo*
Subscribe to According To Candace Ray
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at According To Candace Ray. Subscribe below.