Are you taking proper care of your lips?
I’m pretty sure by now you know skin care is one of my passions. It’s really important to me to naturally care for your skin to keep it vibrant, youthful, clear, and healthy. It’s all relevant to your life and health. Longevity is key.
Most people have a skincare routine but many don’t have one that serves them well. Many times, people focus on certain aspects or sections of their skin but are missing the bigger picture and important factors. Most often missed, the lips. Fun Fact: Lip Care does not begin and end with chapstick.
In order to stay smooth and supple, lips need to be cared for as much as the skin on your face and the rest of your body. With the colder air on the horizon, let me give you a few tips on how you can properly care for your puckers.
1) Stay Hydrated- It is important to make sure you drink enough water daily. Having supple lips also depend on how hydrated your body is. Don’t eat too much salt as salt tends to soak up the water in the body. Water is a good thing but there are also fruits and vegetables that help to keep you body saturated. They more water you have in your body, the better you will feel and look.
2) Exfoliate- Renewing the skin on your lips is important to keep it vibrant and clear. Exfoliating is key. Sugar scrubs are my favorite but also brushing your lips while brushing your teeth works just the same. If you take care of the dry skin that builds up on your lips, the healthier your lips will be. Having smooth lips is also a plus for lipstick application
3) Overnight care is important- my lips started to change when I made sure to have lip balm or Vaseline on my lips at night. I noticed my lips wouldn’t dry out much during the day and they were softer and smoother. It seemed to sink in overnight and help through the day. During colder months, you want to be sure to take care of your lips because of how thin and sensitive they are. They can easily become chapped and painful. Lip care during the day is important but at night will help even more.
4) They need spf too- Newsflash: Your entire body needs sun care. We easily forget about caring for our skin against the sun all year around but it’s imperative. Your lips have a good amount of collagen and too much sun exposure will break down the collagen in your lips causing them to be thinner and more sensitive. Plus, skin cancer does not discriminate.
5) Make sure you remove lipstick thoroughly- We have all heard about removing our makeup before going to bed. The damage that keeping makeup on overnight can cause takes so much longer to straighten out. There’s also damage with a longer term like fine lines, wrinkles and circles. Your lips deserve the same care as your skin. Your lips can have a breakout as well. Removing the makeup and giving your lips and overnight treatment can make a world of a difference
Subscribe to According To Candace Ray
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at According To Candace Ray. Subscribe below.